As much as we all yearn to get back to normal here in Salt Lake City, for the time being, Landis Lifestyle Salon is abiding by the city’s mask mandate for staff and patrons. Nothing is more important to us than the health and safety of the citizens of Utah, and our employees and clientele in particular.
Salt Lake City Mask Mandate
Although the mandate to wear a mask in the state of Utah has expired, thereby freeing people to forego wearing masks if they so choose, Salt Lake City Mayor Erin Mendenhall issued a proclamation that masks still must be worn in public spaces within the Salt Lake City limits.
While we understand how disappointing this is to many Salt Lake City residents and we completely sympathize, we also believe that for our hair salon, wearing masks is best. As busy hairdressers working with public night and day, seven days a week, we come into contact with hundreds of people every week, and that opens up the potential to spread germs if we do not wear masks.
Hair Salon Precautions
Besides continuing to observe the mask mandate, our beauty salon is also upholding many of the rules we put in place during the COVID-19 pandemic in order to better ensure our guests’ safety. These include:
- We require arriving clients to use the hand sanitizer we provide at the entrance to our hair salon.
- Next, we take your temperature and ask you some questions about your potential exposure to COVID-19. If these steps reveal that you may be a risk, we will reschedule your appointment for you.
- Clients are not allowed to bring friends or relatives inside the hair salon with them. If someone drove you to your appointment, they will have to wait in the car or elsewhere.
- Clients must wear a mask that covers their mouth and nose while inside the hair salon. If you forget your mask, you may purchase one here for $3.
- Because of the mask mandate, we are not able to offer our hot towel facials at this time.
- We also are not offering beverages in the salon, as clients would need to remove their masks to drink them. Instead, after your appointment, we give you a tea bag in a to-go cup so that you can enjoy your beverage safely when you get home.
- We require clients to maintain a 6-foot distance from others in the hair salon, except those who are serving you such as your shampooer and hair stylist.
- We have installed partitions between shampoo bowls and we have moved workstations farther apart for the safety of our clients and staff.
- We are spacing our appointments farther apart in order to allow time to sanitize workstations in between each client, so plan to make your appointment in advance for the best selection of times.
Safest Salt Lake City Hair Salon
It is our sincere hope that by adhering to these policies in our hair salon that we are able to continue to serve our clients and provide them with the relaxing services that are so especially important during stressful times.
We love our clients and look forward to many more years of providing haircuts, hair styling, hair coloring, facials, manicures, pedicures and all our luxurious spa and beauty salon services. See you at our Marmalade or Sugar House location soon!